Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm a water snake


It's hard to believe its been almost a year already that I've been living in my apartment! Which also means it was a year ago that I sold my house. I spent 4 years living in the ghetto and fixing up that house, and I kinda miss it! Sure my neighborhood is way better now, and my comute is super easy..but I really liked living in a house over an apartment. Privacy, space, and actually owning something can't be beat! Plus I like doing projects, and working to improve things. I'm a DIY kinda guy.

Just briefly, Here's a list of things I did to that house (with help, of course!):
totally new kitchen (cabnets, floors, appliances, drop ceiling)
New hardwood floors in dining room
Sand and finish hardwood in living and dining rooms
Drop ceiling in dining room
New floor in bedroom
paint
built a tool box/seat

Crazy! I honestly don't know if I'd do it again. The end result was definitely positive but so much of my time and energy was spent on the house in those first few years. And the neighborhood totally sucked! The sad thing is none of the projects needed to be done, because the new owner plans to tear it all down.

But now that my lease is coming up, I'm looking at moving into a new apartment. I love the location of my place, but the layout has become very annoying. Its a railroad style apartment, which by itself isn't bad, but its very narrow. makes it hard to have people over. The other issue is that its freezing cold in the winter!
I'm going to call a real estate agent today to talk to them about looking at some apartments, but I'll never forget the first house I ever owned!

No comments:

Post a Comment